Apr 29, 2009

Worship Wednesdays #5

It's time for the fifth installment of my favorite entry!

This week we've got You Reign by MercyMe.



Hubs is sittin' next to me as I write this and I really like what he was just saying, so before I add my two cents, I'm gonna tell you what he said:

"I really like 'I Can Only Imagine,' but I think this is the best song they've written.... Yeah, it'll be great when we can see God face to face, but it's awesome to be able to testify here on Earth."

Amen, right?

I personally love the first few lines: "Even before there was a drop in the ocean/Even before the breath of all mankind.../You were on Your throne."

God knew us before we were here. He knew that I would live at the end of the 20th/beginning of the 21st century and be who I am. He knew I would be born to S and L and that my name would be Jessica. He knew my flaws (and still does!) and loves me anyway. HE FORGIVES ME ANYWAY!!

I love that line about creation testifying that He reigns. That's one thing I loved about camp: everywhere I looked, I saw His glory, His wonder.

1 comment: