Aug 3, 2009

This is Not Forever

One of my favorite bands is BarlowGirl, and I'm so excited that they have a new CD coming out in September called Love and War. Septemberr 22 is the release date so you should mark your calendars.

They've posted two acoustic sessions with 2 of the new songs. One is called "Beautiful Ending" which is really pretty, but the one which struck a chord with me is "This is Not Forever." In the video, which I have posted below, Alyssa talks about how she is always praying that God will pull her OUT of hard times, and she had the realization the day she wrote the song that God doesn't want to pull her out. He wants to pull her THROUGH the hard times, so that she'll learn and grow and trust in Him more.

This one hit home for me because, as you all know, I have been looking for fall employment. I haven't had any calls for interviews except one, which I'm actually waiting as I type this to hear back about. J and I have been pinching pennies and getting frustrated because every time we seem to be getting somewhere, something sets us back. (Such is life, no?) I've been praying so hard about finding a job and this message is exactly what I needed to hear right now -- that God will stay with me through everything, no matter how hard life gets, no matter "how high the steps are." He's with me always and He will always pull me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment