Jun 3, 2011

Menu Planning

Do you menu plan? Two weeks ago was my first time and let me tell ya, I will be doing it again. First, I subscribed to E-Mealz a few weeks ago. We have the Aldi plan for 2. We don't eat everything off of there (I'm incredibly picky), and I don't buy everything at Aldi (I wouldn't touch their ground beef with a ten foot pole) so it costs a little more per week than what it says, but I have gotten some great ideas from there. I also am on Pinterest and am finding great ideas to cook on there.

I'm still trying to figure out my own system. I found this on Pinterest and I like her style. She didn't have an editable template (just a PDF file) so I made my own. In order to view it properly once it's downloaded, you have to have the Quicksand font installed.


It's nice because I know exaclty what we're having and I don't ever have the nights where we're like, "What's for dinner?" "Well, nothing's defrosted... Let's go get food from {fillintherestauranthere}. " Saved us a lot of money, especially since J accidentally got shorted on his check last time. So I'm in the process of planning the next two weeks so I can shop tomorrow and I have 3 empty spaces left.

What food do you like to cook?

No comments:

Post a Comment