Oct 24, 2011

Menu Monday Oct. 24

I spent roughly $50 on groceries this week, partly because I had $10 in coupons, but that is the least I have spent on groceries in a LONG time.  I'm very proud of myself, thankyouverymuch.

Here is what's on tap for the next two weeks:

Tues. 10/25: Jiffy Jambalaya Remember I wanted to make my own jambalaya?  This will be my first go at it, so hopefully it is delicious.


Wed. 10/26: Santa Fe Enchilada Bake This is something I've made before.  it's easy and with the right subs (whole grain tortillas, low fat cheese and fat free sour cream), it's not too heavy on calories.

Fri. 10/28: Burgers.

Sat. 10/29: Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches I'm a sucker for buffalo chicken.


Sun. 10/30: Baked Ziti.  AKA "Throw some noodles, sauce, and cheese in a casserole dish and bake."

Tues. 11/1: Grilled cheese.  Do you really need a recipe?

Wed. 11/2: Pizza.  I use this recipe for the crust.  I half the ingredients, though, since I'm only making it for the two of us.  And I don't like super duper thick pizza which is what would happen if I used the whole recipe for one pizza.  here is what it looked like last time I made it.  Depending on when in the rotation it's on the menu, I'll have green pepper and onion on there in addition to pepperoni.


Fri. 11/4: Tacos.  J's favorite.  I use a seasoning mix found here.

What all are you having the next few weeks??  Let me know in the comments.

Don't forget that you can check out my food board on Pinterest!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I would die to be able to buy groceries for fifty dollars. I go in to the store to pick up a couple of things mid week and am impressed with myself if I get out for less than $100!

    ReplyDelete