Dec 15, 2007

The Fox, Reception Halls, and New Apartments

We went to Wicked on Thursday. I heart the Fox. It's absolutely beautiful inside and it seems like there isn't a bad seat in the house. We were up in the balcony for Wicked. I can't believe how amazing this show is. The music, the costumes, the sets. AMAZING!!! I wished I could see it between the last time I saw it and this tme, but I'm kind of glad I didn't because it was like I was seeing it again for the first time. It deserves all the hype it's been given because it is FANTASTIC.

Yesterday was a LOOOOOOOOOONG day. But it was a good long day. It started at 10 with visits to reception venues: The Christy, Lake St. Louis, Stegton Regency, and Heart of St. CHarles Banquet Centers. I think that our consensus is with Lake St. Louis. Jan, the woman who owns it, was super nice, and she really cares about the parties she puts on. SHe spends all day cooking and then tends the bar during the reception. And she said she doesn't order from SYSCO or anything, so her food is prepared fresh. SHe and Jerome and I spent almost an hour just talking about various receptions she's done and her own kids who used the facility. It's family-owned, which also really appeals to me (plus it's in our price range). We'll make our final decision in about 6 weeks, once we have a good idea of what our budget is ('cause we'll be out of credit card debt). plus we're still considering renting a hall and having it catered.

After we looked at all those places, it was back ot Jerome's house to pack his stuff 'cause it was MOVING DAY!!! That's right, Jerome and David moved into their apartment last night. It was kind of tiring because the building faces a courtyard and not the parking lot so it was quite a trek, but we got everything moved in by about 11:00. We made a midnight run to Walmart for things like bowls, silverware, milk, and cereal so that they would have something to eat in the morning. When we left Walmart it was already snowing, so I stayed at the apartment instead of going home.

I forgot to bring my camera so I don't have pictures of my own, but Pam (David's mom) was taking lots of pictures; when she gets them developed I will upload them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment