Apr 2, 2008

Obama is the man...

I don't normally post this close together (I just posted last night), but Kristal mentioned Obama's transcript in her blog and I checked it out. One of my pastors and another woman were talking about it at David's wake a week and a half ago, and they said he was so eloquent.

Well, lemme tell ya, had he not already had my vote, he would have gotten it after I read this speech. It was a speech made in response to the comments of his pastor, Rev. Jeremiah White, and it calls on us as Americans, noot white or black or Hispanic or Asian or Native American, but people who live in and love this country, to be the catalyst for change.

If you have a few moments, read his speech. It's amazing.

And, in case you were wondering, here is the Rev. Wright's comments that caused such an uproar:


And here is the video of Obama's speech in response to that, the transcript of which I linked to above. (It's a long speech.)


Listen, whether you agree with my particular political affiation or not (I'm an independent and vote for who I think will do the best job), something has to change in this country. Can it be achieved in the four to eight years this man might be president? Probably not, but we can make significant strides forward if we would all just get over ourselves and our pity parties and ouor "holier than thou" attitudes and just love each other. Respect each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment