Oct 27, 2008

I Can't Wait

I was thinking yesterday, after having a great weekend with J, that while I'm excited about the whole wedding thing, what I am most excited about is just becoming his wife. Him becoming my husband. I look forward to supporting each other and seeing each other every morning when we wake up and every night before wee fall asleep. I look forward to the battles I know we're going to have when I bring home all organic food from the grocery store. I am excited for establishing a loving relationship grounded in God, leaning on the example set by CHrist and by so many couples in our church.

I can't wait until I can call him my husband.

And isn't that what I SHOULD be more excited about? I mean, the wedding is a big deal, but honestly if we couldn't afford anything but a courthouse wedding (thanks for the help, Mom!), I would be happy, as long as that meant I would be his wife.

2 comments:

  1. it is totally worth it and the MARRIAGE is the best part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course it's ok for you to be more excited about actually marrying him!! The wedding part is like a bonus.

    ReplyDelete