Oct 8, 2008

Life... What Else is There to Say?

It's been two weeks since my lasst update, so I thought I'd write a quick post about what's going on in my life. 'Cause I know that you all are dying to know.

WEDDING: We're almost at the five month mark and I'm starting to get excited. I mean, I was excited before, but my friend got married a week and a half ago and that was the last wedding I'll go to before MINE and I just kept thinking, "It's almost MY TURN!!!" I'm getting giddy. Ha ha. We need to find a reasonably priced baker. That's the last of the big vendors left to book. I bought a veil today from my friend Amanda over on STLWed. We're ordering bridesmaids dresses very soon, once I get the moola from the other 3 who haven't paid me. I've done mock-ups of the invitations and the programs and they're looking pretty good! I'm currently addicted to projectwedding.com for inspiration and I found two pictures -- one of hair and one of a bouquet -- that I am currently drooling over. :-) I've been engaged for over a year and half and I really cannot wait to become Mrs. Hall. J is amazing and I can't wait to become his wife.

STUDENT TEACHING: I LOVE TEACHING. It makes the last four years completely worth it to know that they haven't been in vain. I love being in the classroom. I love helping kids learn. I love making my kids laugh. I love helping them grow. I love it all. What I don't love is lesson planning PLUS writing my standards. ANd I HATE not having a job, but I logistically cannot imagine when I would have the time to work and whether I would be able to handle it, so I'm sticking to sitting jobs which just barely get me by.

CHURCH: We recently did our own Cardboard Testimony at church. Holy. Moly. So emotional, so moving, and it made such an impact. We're int he middle of a series on hope and I hate to say it, but I'm excited for Advent -- the four weeks before Christmas. Advent and Lent are my two favorite times in the church. Christmas and Easter are, like, the whole reason the Church exists, after all. I'm not participating as a youth leader this semester so that I can put all my effort and concentration into student teaching and I miss my kids SO much. I've already found a curriculum I want to do with them next year that has a girls' and a boys' curriculum in addition to a follow-up curriculum. I'm excited about it, and I can't even do it until next September!

I'm not sure what else there is to update on. If I think of anything, I'll post. I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, get in contact with me about the baker issue. I'll talk to my sister and see what she would charge. E-mail me with a little background and/or pictures of what you're thinking. Go check out my b-day posts (if you haven't already) to see the two awesome b-day cakes that she made me.

    I'm glad that the teaching is going SO well! :)

    ReplyDelete