May 6, 2009

Worship Wednesdays #6

This week's song was chosen because of something that happened to me yesterday.



Casting Crown's "I Know You're There" is a beautiful song, but more than that, I think that the chorus, especially, is something to always remember: "I know You're there. I know You see (hear) me." God is surely awesome, and when you start to lose a little bit of faith, He seems to always shout in your face and say, "HEY! I'M RIGHT HERE!!!"

Here's my story: I've been nannying for a few years now, and my most recent family was of four kids about 10 minutes from my house. They were a handful the first few days (I mean, what kids don't try and push a new sitter?) but eventually the kids and I bonded and I thought everything was going well. At 2:00 PM today I get a phone call from the agency I got the position through saying that the mom called and said "It's just not working out." Nothing more. No reason. Just that.

So I'm freaking out because our rent is due this week and I'm like, "Crap. WTF am I going to do? That's almost $200 we don't have for rent or other bills." I start crying (because that's how I handle panic attacks) and let the lady know that if anything comes through (even just one-time gigs) to give me a call. Then I called my pastor and my worship arts director at church asking for prayers and they both calmed me down. I was like, "God will do something. I know he will."

3:00 PM comes and I'm getting off the highway for work when the lady from the agency calls me back. "How amazing is God?" she says. Then she tells me that there is a temporary job for Thurs. and Fri. this week, plus everyday next week, with a posisbility for it to turn into a permanent position. WHAT?! Apparently, their nanny up and quit on them this morning. So, not only do I not have to worry about rent this month, but if I manage to hang onto this job, it pay almost 3x MORE than the original.

So my point in my story is that GOD LISTENS. And HE PROVIDES. If I've never been sure of that before, I'm sure of it now. The way that he just provided in such a short period of time was... awesome to say the least. I know that things will rarely be fixed thata quickly because, after all, God takes things in HIS time, not ours. But isn't it amazing, how He chooses to show Himself to us??

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad things worked out for you! God does work in mysterious ways huh?

    ReplyDelete