Sep 16, 2010

Stinkin' Allergies

When J let us adopt Paulie, he was worried because I've had a history of cat allergies.  Like, I'd go to my aunt and uncle's for Christmas (they have a few cats) and within twenty minutes of walking through the door, my mom and I would be sniffling and trying to avoid scratching our eyes.  Then I was a before and after school caregiver to three kids in West County and they had two cats -- never had a reaction.  I'm not really sure why I responded to my aunt and uncle's cats and not that family's cats, but I did.

J wanted to get a dog but we were still in an apartment (now we're in a condo) which meant no yard and I didn't  want to do that to a dog.  So we compromised and got a kitty.  And guess what?  NO ALLERGIES.  I was ecstatic.  We even got a brother for Paulie when my friend had to get rid of her cat Sebastian.  Still nothing.

But the last three weeks or so?  Oh.  My.  Goodness.  Runny nose, scratchy throat, itchy eyes...  I think it's more related to my allergies that are going haywire.  Because the mold and ragweed counts are so high, it's irritating to be around my boys.  Which is so sad, because Paulie is a creeper and I'm usually the first one up in the morning and he is literally RIGHT there in my face the second my alarm goes off.

I can't wait for colder weather just because it means my allergies will be gone.



--------

Don't forget about the 30.30.30 campaign.  I will donate $1 for every unique commenter on this post.  I've only had two, so c'mon!  There's only 13 days left!

1 comment: