Dec 31, 2010

2010 Resolution Recap

Soooo... If you live in the STL, you know how crazy weather was today. Only in the midwest would you have 60+ degree weather a week after Christmas (when we got like 3 inches of snow), combined with tornadic activity. Craaaaaazy, I tell ya. The boys and I packed it in in the bathroom in case a tornado actually hit. I have NEVER done well with tornado warnings, and I was by myself today because J was at work. I streamed the weather off of KTVI and kept checking Facebook for updates from friends in the area. Here's a picture from our adventures (please note Facebook up on the computer, LOL)



Anyway, if you were with me last December 31st/January 1st, you may remember my New Years' Resolutions for 2010. I would say I didn't fail miserably on most of them.

1. Start compiling my 101 in 1001 list.
Didn't follow through with this one bit. I have some ideas, but I haven't written anything down. Hopefully I'll get with this this year.
2. Have at least one REAL date night with my husband a month.
This didn't happen, either, though we did probably manage nice evenings out a few times this year, including our trip to Memphis.
3. Read at least four books on youth ministry.
I didn't read 4 books on youth ministry, but I did read 4 books on Christianity or youth ministry:
Hurt: Inside the World of Today's Teenagers
4. Pay off small credit cards by April, then start reeeeeally cracking on the big ones.
We did manage to pay of 2 credit cards this year. I am thinking about reexamining our approach to how we pay everything off. We're currently doing the snowball effect that Dave Ramsey writes about, which is AWESOME. We should have our third card paid off by the beginning of May with the momentum we have right now, but I want to use our entire tax return towards credit cards so that will hopefully change.
5. Buy a car for J.
Success! We bought J a 2005 Nissan Sentra in March. It's a stick and I just recently learned how to drive it.
6. GET A JOB.
Success on this one, too. In fact, I went above and beyond and got TWO jobs this year, LOL. I was hired to teach 2's in O'Fallon in February and I did that until the beginning of December and then I was hired to teach Pre-K at a school in Maryland Heights. I did quit 2 jobs, though: subbing for the FZ school district and my job at the bookstore (this one I'm really going to miss mostly just for the people I work with), and I discontinued my affiliation with one of my sitting agencies.

Well, 3 1/2 out of 6 ain't bad! I'm going to come up with some for the new year and post those tomorrow. One is really ambitious and I'm still working up the courage to commit. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment