Dec 10, 2010

Drama filled Week

I quit my job on Tuesday.

Yes, you read that right. I took a leap of faith and put in my two weeks. There's actually a story behind it; my director said that "my attitude was no longer acceptable" because apparently I was being rude to everyone. Whatever. No, I wasn't happy there, but some of the things they brought up to me were so trivial and things that I had done only ONCE in the last month or so let alone in the whole 10 months I worked there. They told me I could "voluntarily resign" or I would be put on a probation, and basically if they had to "speak to me again" I would be put on a sub list (which =FIRED). SO I filled out the voluntary resignation and put in my two weeks and they sent me home.

Then they called three hours later and told me that my classroom was covered and not to worry about coming back in.

What pissed me off the most, even more than how they treated me and how they handled it all, was that I didn't even get to say goodbye to my kids. Not even C, the little girl who was my favorit
e (although I did get to give her a hug when I went back for all of my stuff). And I worry about what crap they're telling the parents about why I left.

Anyway, I had my third and final interview this morning at the center I mentioned 4 weeks ago in this post. I got to teach a phonics lesson (Phonics Dominoes, which were a hit) and then spend a lot of the morning just watching and helping out where I could. I knew this job was mine because the director was so willing to work around my work schedule (and, listen, I have two jobs, so sometimes that was hard) which means almost a whole month went by between my first interview and my interview today. That's probably why I was so... whatever... about losing the job in O'Fallon. I knew I wouldn't be out
of work for long.

I was right. I got the call this afternoon inviting me to the team. I'm so pumped about this job. Teaching the phonics lesson this morning put me back in love with teaching. It totally reminded me WHY I want to teach.

I start fulltime on January 4 (they're closed the week between Christmas and New Years) but I get to work 4 hours next week and 20 the week after. I can't WAIT!!!


2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited it worked out for, it sounds like the right place for you to be! =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I hope everything falls into place perfectly for you!

    ReplyDelete