Jan 20, 2008

Only 27 Days!!

Until My next Louisiana trip!! I had so much fun lasst time I went and I'm gettign excited to go again. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to go because it's more expensive than last time. I put in an application to our Putting People into Missions fund for $50 of the $25 but haven't heard anything yet, but Kathy and some other women and even Steve (the man basically "in charge" of it all) said not to worry about it, so I'm covered either by PPIM or by generous friends (this is why I LOVE my church!). And wanna knoow what else is exciting? Jerome is going, too!! As long has his request for PTO for that week is approved (which it will) he is game. Yay! Like last time, we're leaving on Saturday the 16th around 9AM. We'll stay in Hammond, LA for the night and go to church in the area, then begin the 4 hour drive west to Lake Charles, stopping at the Tabasco factory near Baton Rouge on our way. THen we'll work Monday-Thursday and spend ALL of Friday (and I do mean ALL... it's a looooooooong drive back to St. Louis) driving back home.

I am so excited for this trip. I have a lot of people that I'm close to going this time. Don't get me wrong I had a great time with the group I went with last time but it was a group mostly made up of people I hadn't spoken to a whole lot at church, moostly only in passing. but this time Kathy is going and Jerome and Kelly. Leanne and Mary and Charles are goiong again. And we'll hopefully get to work with Chester again. He's a fantastic work leader. I hope he's ours again. He's just a character.

I leave you with a few pictures from my last trip. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment