Feb 3, 2008

One Year Older, One Sick Fiance.

For those of you who don't know, my birthday was Friday. I am now 22 years old. 22 is boring; nothing special happens. Except that your mom buys you "grown up clothes" (thanks Mom!!) because you don't have that many. She took me to Fashion Bug and got me some really cute tops and a pair of black dress pants.

Unfortunately, while I was out shopping Jerome was coming down with that bug going around. He's running a small fever and is coughy. I bought some meds and a thermometer and came over. I'm sitting on his couch as I type this, my phone by my side in case he needs anything (his roommate works nights, so he would be alone otherwise).

Let's see, what else is new? Not too much. School is going rather well; I'm keeping up with my readings and I'm halfway finished with a short essay due on Tuesday. It should be a good semester.

And, of course I'm super excited about Louisiana. We leave on Feb. 16. J and I and 2 other people might be leaving waaaaaaaay too early on Saturday to make the drive on Saturday because we need to check in on Saturday; otherwise we'll leave on Saturday morning, stay the night somewhere in Louisiana and then heading to Lake Charles on Sunday afternoon, stopping at the Tabasco factory on the way there. I can't wait.

Wendy, my suitemate froom Louisiana, experienced her first snow this weekend. And waht a snow, right?? SHe went sledding with friends and built a snowman with her roommate. She also fell four times. She just needs to learn how to walk on the ice. But she loves the snow. :-)

All for now. Have to finish that essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment