Feb 29, 2008

Thoughts on American Idol this Week...

...I was surprised that Alaina was voted off. I thought she had a very strong voice for such a young girl. She chose an awful song; that's what did her in. I honestly doon't think many of the girls chose very good songs. Although Brooke did great with Carly Simon's "Your So Vain." But I really wish we would vote off Amanda. I don't like herr voice and I hate her hair. I think she is really nice; what they've shown of her personality seems genuinely nice and authentic, but I don't like her as a singer. But she'll probably stick around for a while because she's the resident rocker. **EDIT** I just watched the clip of Alaina's elimination and Kady was as shocked as everyone else that SHE wasn't going home. And poor Alaina. She's so young and has so far to go; I hope that she doesn't give up. **END EDIT**
As for the boys, Chikezie, who I thought was awful last week and was sure to go home, did really well this week; he surprised me. I big puffy heart David Cook; I think he's more of a rocker than Robbie is (was). And David Archuleta blew my mind with his take on "Imagine." That was a performance that has stirred up a lot of opposing opinions; Lennon truists think he ruined it. But I LOVED it. I loved it so much i thought I would share the video:



I knew Jason Y. was off, though. He was boring and too showy. Simon hit the nail on the head last week (when he sang "Moon River") when he said it was like a cruise ship performance. Glad he's gone...

I'm excited for next week, though... Anyone know the theme?

No comments:

Post a Comment