Nov 29, 2008

Ok, I lied... Sue Me

I promised a substantial entry a few days ago and haven't gotten to it. I could blame it on Thanksgiving. I could blame it on being out shopping all day Friday. I could blame it on finishing my notebook for students teaching. But, the fact is, I can't 'cause I didn't do any of those things (except maybe the Thanksgiving dinner thing). The reason I haven't written is simple.

Twilight.

Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. It's sucked (haha... get it?) me into its clutches. I've finished the first book and am about 2/3 of the way finished with the second. Very well written, even if the 2nd one bored me till now.

Anyway, there isn't a whole lot to report on the front of my life. I applied for two teaching positions which I don't think I'll get, but I gotta start somewhere, right?? I've also started working at the local Christian bookstore. I'm enjoying it, surprisingly. I say surprisingly because A) I've worked retail one other time and I quit after two weeks and B) It's the CHristmas shopping season. But it's a great team. And today I caught up with two people I hadn't seen in a few years!

I'm excited for everything I'm counting down to in my last post. I'm also a little worred about the townhouse issue because I don't have a steady income right now, and while Jerome CAN afford to pay the rent on his own util I'm on my feet, that makes money REAL tight, so I need to find something -- soon!

A good friend of mine is pregnant! She and her husband have been trying for a while and had been having bad luck, so please keep her in your prayers!

It's Advent, which is one of my two favorite times of the year at church (along w/ Lent) because the church is BEAUTIFUL! I will post a picture tomorrow of what our genius worship arts director and decorator came up with. Breathtaking. Makes me jealous of the wedding that was there today -- too bad it couldn't have been mine!

J and I went to Kansas City last weekend to see if this job opportunity with Primerica was something he wanted to pursue. It wasn't, but I did get to see three really good friends of mine (one at the conference and 2 becaus they live and go to school in KC). That was real nice. One friend was a girl from high school whom I hadn't hung out with really since June 2004. I know, very sad. Anyway, she's recently engaged and I had met her fiance (then boyfriend) at her mom's funeral about a year ago and he seemed like a nice guy. He and J hit it off real well. But what cracks me up is how he has changed Katie. not in a bad way, necessarily. Let me put it into perspective. She always said she ould never get married. Their wedding date is May 2010. ha. AND she is a staunch liberal. Like, major Democrat. He's a Republican. It cracks me up, really. But they're good for each other and I can't wait to have more married friends.

I guess that is all for now. Bella, Jacob, and Edward are calling back to their world. See ya later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment