Nov 5, 2008

PRESIDENT Obama

I'm never one to raise a stink. I don't bring up politics or who I'm voting for/not voting for unless someone brings it up first because, frankly, it's not really anyone's business. But today I cant ell you that I am proud to admit that I voted for Barack Obama.

I didn't vote for him because he's black. I voted for him because he hass promised the change that this country so desperately needs. I voted for him because he will strive to keep those who can't afford health insurance (like my best friend and her 2 year old) able to go to the doctor. He will cut taxes on those who are already penny pinched and tax those who can afford it. He will work on a plan to get us out of Iraq and out of Afghanistan.

Will he be perfect? No. Nobody is, but I have faith that he has the best interest of the country at heart. He loves America and he will strive to make our country better than it ever has been.

To those who voted for McCain, I give my condolences. I'm sure he would have done a fantastic job. But this country has had enough of Bush and his Republican doctrine. McCain would have been more of the same. I hope we can all band together as Americans -- not Republicans and Democrats -- and support our country.

4 comments:

  1. Good post, couldn't have said it better! YAY Obama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on this historical moment your country is going through.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She might be able to go to the doctor for free, but that won't matter when the rules of free market and lack of incentive of competition in the health care industry gives us lazy doctors, or bloated government bureaucracy inflates the cost, which are passed on to the American taxpayer's at large. (Which means the taxes that she is paying now as a single mother would rise, paying for both her doctor visits and everybody else's in the country).

    Bring it on, President Obama.

    ReplyDelete