Nov 3, 2008

Rehire Packets... Sigh

Every year I look forward to getting my rehire packet from Girl Scouts. And every year it seems to take longer. And longer. And l-o-n-g-e-r.

Not this year.

It was in my mailbox today. Normally I'd be squealing for joy. But what am I doing? Crying. Well, in my head, but still...

For those not in the loop. I'm getting married next year. In four months. And 11 days. (Not tht anyone's counting...)

Getting married usually = growing up, letting go of childhood. FOr me, that meant letting go of camp. But it's rough. Fourth session closing and post camp this year were emotional. I was saying good bye to my second home, and a family of people I probably never would have even ever spoken to in the real world. But I was okay with my decision. I mean, I'm marrying the greatest guy in the world, that should be enough, right?

Well, recently it started hitting me that I'm not going back. And I'm still okay with it. Or, at least half of me is. There's still that other half that says don't give it up. You're not ready. Meanwhile, the other half says, yes you are. It's like the angel and the devil on my shoulder.

Anyway, I'm not going back. Don't you camp people go getting your hopes up. I will be back -- but as a visitor. Not as an employee. And, really, as sad as I am tossing that rehire packet in the recycle bin, and to say goodbye to Speckles, I'm even more excited to become Mrs. Jerome Hall. New name, new life, new person... Just like at camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment