Nov 5, 2009

Feel like I'm neglecting you?

The truth is, I've started a few different posts and then had to save them as drafts because I didn't have time to finish them and then I forgot about them. One was about my summer. We'll see if that goes up.

Anyway, as we approach Christmas (cal you believe it's NOVEMEBR already??), I'll be getting even MORE busy at work. This week I have 32 hours, next week I have 30.5 and the following week I have 23. Then the week after THAT is Thanksgiving. It's all crazy from here, folks!

I've been working in the back doing inventory as our regular ICS person is on vacation with some friends. It's been a nice break from customers, and my super organizational side is loving it, but I'll be glad when I'm back up front with people, and not back in the "dungeon," LOL.

I did receive word today that I'm going to the Goshen Valley Boys' Ranch April 5-9. It's north of Atlanta and serves 24 boys in a residential method. Their core beliefs in helping these boys are Family, Faith, Education, and Work. I'm really excited about this trip. I'm going with a bunch of other FCS employees from all over the country (including my own manager!). It's in conjunction with the James Fund, our store's non-profit organization. It does a lot with widows and orphans (see James 1:27). We do a lot of special partnerships at work too. For example, PureNRG's CD that released in July helped put shoes on orphans in Mexico and the Dominican Republic. The Casting Crowns CD prebuy is partnering to feed children in Haiti. We also have our Barnabas Bears every year that puts money into the fund.

Anyway, the Ranch is in need of some items, so if you know me personally and would be interested in donating items for me to take, let me know. The website has a list of needs that they have, but I'll be letting you know about some other things I'd like to bring, like games and books and treats and things. It's going to be amazing and I can't wait to see how God will use me to reach the boys, and how He'll use the boys to reach me.

No comments:

Post a Comment