Nov 28, 2009

Christmastime is Upon Us!

I have Christmas music in all 6 slots in my CD changer in the car and I'm lovin' it.

Any time this commercial comes on for the first time, I know it's Christmas:


I love how Hershey's has shown the same commercial since at least the early 90's. It's most definitely a consumer favorite and it always gets my int he mood.

Of course, by the end of the season, it annoys the heck outta me, LOL

Yesterday I didn't do any Black Friday shopping, really, although I did hit up Wal Mart before I had to be at work; they had $2 DVDs and I scored 2 early gifts for J (double disc special editions, no less!) and got a gift for our Adopt-a-Family little girl we picked. It just said "Age Appropriate Gift" for a 3 year old, so I got her this:

It's a Furreal Friends Newborn Puppy. When you pet its back it'll bark and whimper and even move a little and Paulie was flipping out when I was demonstrating it to J. So funny!

I had to work at 7 so after Wal Mart, I went to Walgreens to buy some nacho chips for the buffalo chicken dip I made for our potluck in the back room, then headed to work and got there way early. There were 2 cars waiting at around 6:40. Everyone started lining up around 6:50 and then we let them in at 7. I'm not even kidding you, I started ringing people out around 7:07 and I didn't have time to even pause for a drink until 8:30. We had our $5 and 50% off doorbusters (some AMAZING deals, too!) as well as a 25% off your purchase coupon. Other than my lunch break I don't think I had a total of 15 minutes where I wasn't ringing someone out. But other than a few people being P.O.ed about their coupon not applying to the doorbusters or about the doorbusters the wanted being gone, people were very patient and in good moods.

All in all, my 8.5 hour shift went by incredibly fast (which is one reason I love working Black Friday, thought I'll be glad when I have a teaching job and won't have to do it ever again!). It was fun hearing the people talk about where they had already gone that morning. One group of ladies came in in matching pink shirts; the front said BFB and the back said Black Friday Babes. Cracks me up how into Black Friday some people get.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Turkey Day and if you went out yesterday that you were safe and scored some great deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment