Dec 2, 2009

In the Christmas Spirit

This is the first year I've had my own place to decorate. J and I moved into our townhouse last December 18, so when Christmas rolled around we were still basically living out of boxes, and there was no way I was going to stress myself out decorating for Christmas (not to mention we didn't even have a tree!!).

This year is a different story. I put up our tree on Sunday evening and let it stand for a while without decorations so Paulie could get used to it. Then I decorated it today -- My first day off since Thanksgiving. I want to get another set of lights and a set of those ball ornaments, but here is our first tree:




Last year my mom bought us a nativity scene set of ornaments. Check 'em out:


And did you catch who likes to sleep under the tree?

[[Leave me alone, Mom... I'm trying to sleep!]]
I'd rather he sleep under there than pull all the ornaments down.

Now, did you notice that we have no tree topper? One reason is because we just don't have one. The other is because we can't agree on what to put up there. J is a star man, and I'm partial to angels. What should we do?

2 comments:

  1. I have several angels you may choose from if it is decided to go that way. You guys can always trade back and forth. Use an angel this year and buy a star on clearance after Christmas for next year. Tell Jerome I grew up with only stars and understand his preference. Angels are very nice, but stars seem so much more "traditional"

    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks great!

    We couldn't decide between a star or angel either. I decided on a star then the star I bought was too heavy! It made the top of the tree bend over.

    Then I finally decided on a bow on top of the tree.

    ReplyDelete