Dec 31, 2009

A year in the Life...

Since it's, like, a requirement to do one of these, I guess I'll go ahead and cave. =)

**JANUARY**
Pretty uneventful. I booked the last bit of wedding vendors and had my bridal shower, which was a lot of fun.
Started a nanny job that didn't work out. I took a week off for my wedding and they called and let me go after that. No idea why...

**FEBRUARY**
Had my last birthday as a single gal. It was my 23rd and it was a Sunday -- Super Bowl Sunday, in fact.
Went to a job fair hosted by LU and interviewed with a few schools. Nothing came of it.

**MARCH**
We adopted Paulie. He's our first baby and so laid back. Just wish he would cuddle more...



This month was only the culmination of the biggest countdown EVER. My wedding day was amazing. The weather was gorgeous and we had a great time with the wedding party and with our photographer. Love my wedding photos, too!!






We honeymooned in Branson at the Anchor Inn on the Lake and it was wonderful!!
The 17th marked the anniversary of David's death and while we were still on our honeymoon, we still took some time to remember him.

**APRIL**
Not too much going on this month. I still hadn't heard back from the gazillion schools I applied to. Got a lot of hours at the store because it was Easter.

**MAY**
I walked in my college's graduation ceremony. With my best friend of 8 years. It was nice, like a full circle, since we graduated HS together, too.
We had our annual youth service and I'm so proud of our kids!
I was at home for the first time in 7 years on the day precamp started. So weird!

**JUNE**
I received my official teaching certificate in the mail.
My favorite little girl turned three:

And my one of my oldest friends welcomed her own little girl into the world.
My car broke down and needed a new starter -- THREE times.

**JULY**
Worked on the 4th (time and a half!!) and then went to my BIL's to shoot off fireworks. In the rain. Good times.
We went to my friend's house to shoot off stuff from their firework stand.

Saw Harry Potter 6 with J and 2 friends at midnight. LOVED it.
Went to a job fair at UMSL and kind of felt like it was a waste of time. But an interview came out of it, so I guess it wasn't a complete bust.

**AUGUST**
Had my niece and nephew over a lot.
Had an interview at P-Ville. That position was put on hold, but I will start subbing for them in January.
J's car died. We've been down to one car ever since. (Thankfully, a nice lady at church who works out of the state every week let us use her Honda while she was gone each week which meant we only had to worry about rides on the weekend.)

**SEPTEMBER**
J turned 25!
I started to resign myself to the fact that I wasn't going to get a teaching job this year.
I signed up to take the PRAXIS again in Early Childhood Education in November. Got very nervous.
Totally and completely fell in love with Glee.

**OCTOBER**
I started getting more and more hours at the store, with the holiday season insanity ALREADY starting...
Our first Halloween in our house -- and NO ONE showed up. =(

**NOVEMBER**
Took the PRAXIS again. Felt like I bombed it, but then upon rehashing it with J I realized I probably didn't do so bad.
Began to wait anxiously for my test scores.
Saw New Moon at midnight with some girlfriends... Just 'cause we could.
Celebrated Thanksgiving very low key.
Worked Black Friday. Craziness!

**DECEMBER**
Still worked a LOT because of Christmas.
Found out I passed the PRAXIS. Not only that, but I blew that sucker outta the water. =)
Rehearsed EVERY STINKIN' NIGHT for our church's Christmas show, which meant I didn't see much of J. =(
Enjoyed our first Christmas together.
Adopted Sebastian from Laura. We're working on integrating the two, but for now, Paulie seems to think he's just a big toy that he can pounce on and chase...

What's in store for '10??
I have an interview on the 8th of January for a Youth in Need Home Visitor in W-Ville. Hopefully that works because I'm sooooo sick of working minimum wage.
Have to figure out what we're doing about housing by Jan. 24...
Hopefully I'll get a damn job, otherwise I'll be subbing and (possibly) going back to camp in the summer.
Our first anniversary.

Should be fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment