Feb 17, 2010

Hello, My Name is Jessica

...And American Idol makes me cry.

Not all the time. Just tonight.

And not just once. THREE times.

Once when I was telling J about Didi Benami and how she auditioned because her friend died.

Again when Angela Martin didn't make it through. I loved her the first year she auditioned and I really hope a record label scoops her up. I think it's probably for the best because now she can sign wherever she wants.

And a third time when Andy Garcia made it through.

Yes, I'm an Idol nerd. Oh, and I cannot WAIT for Glee to come back. Tuesdays = total awesomeness in April.

So here's my thoughts on AI9:

1. I think that this year a girl will win it. I think Andy Garcia or Mike Lynch will give the girls a run for their money, but ultimately a girl will take the title.

2. Top Girls:
a. Katie Stevens is a forerunner for the girls. I cannot believe she's 17. Holy mackeral she has amazing control of her voice.
b. Crystal Bowersox and awesome. She is real and I love that she's real. As I said to J tonight, "I luv her. Like, all capitals, lots of U's LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUV her."
c. I wanted Lacey in last year over Megan Joy.
d. Don't remember Paige Miles
e. Not sure how I feel about Siobhan. I think I wish her spot had been given to Angela Martin.
f. While I'm not a fan of country, I like Haeley's uniqueness, and Simon was right when he said she adapts well -- that's important in this competition.

3. Top Guys:
a. I read an article that said Michael Lynche was DQ'ed 'cause his dad talked to a newspaper about him making the Top 24. but they said he'd be performing next week, so it probably wasn't true. His little girl is precious, and I'm so glad that he made it to the Top 24 and that missing his daughter's birth didn't occur in vain.
b. Andrew Garcia = <3.>
c. I wish Thaddeus had made it though. He was a sweet kid.
d. There were a few guys that I didn't remember, and a few that I figure will be gone very soon (i.e. Tyler Grady and Alex Lambert). The former because we don't know who he is and the latter because even though he has a good voice, he has little to no stage presence. But he's cute, so he may have the teenage girl vote.
e. Even though he is going to be a major diva, I like Todrick Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment