Feb 2, 2010

Sooo Tired

Anyone ever worked in a room of two-year-olds? Yeah, it's EXHAUSTING. I mean, I'm used to running around after kids so that wasn't the shocker. I can do dirty diapers, I can do tantrums, etc. But multiply that by 13 and I'm ready for bed (and if you look at the time stamp on this entry, it's not even 9PM yet!)

So my new job is as a 2's teacher at a preschool in O'Fallon. They had combined all their two-year-olds into one class when enrollment dropped, but that meant you had kids who were one yesterday all the way up to kids who would be three tomorrow. That kind of an age gap. And if you have ever had kids, worked with kids, or remember BEING a kid, you know what kid of a difference that is mentally, socially, physically, and emotionally. So they're splitting 'em back up, which means they needed another teacher. Which is where I come in.

The ad I responded to on Craigslist called for someone with good parent communication skills (check!), able to create and execute lesson plans (check!), is flexible (check!), and organized (super big CHECK!). We corresponded all weekend and she asked if I could come in on Monday morning for an interview and a working interview. I mentioned it was my birthday and I had plans but would rearrange if needed but she said she needed the position killed ASAP. I think it worked to my advantage because she said, "Sorry you had to come in on your birthday." I was like, "It's all good... the way I look at it, if I get the job it'll be like the best birthday present ever."

Obviously I got it. And I'm ecstatic. We will actually have money. That lasts longer than two days! Oh, and I get paid on opposite weeks as J, which means we will actually have money coming in every week. How awesome is that???

1 comment:

  1. Congrats again! Matt and I are on opposite pay weeks, too; it's really nice. :)

    ReplyDelete