Feb 17, 2011

Paint Advice...

We currently rent our condo, but the owners are allowing us to paint if we want so long as we prime it before we move out. (we know we dont want to buy it because we want to buy a house when the time comes.) One of the things I want to do is paint our kitchen. We have this nice little nook that would fit a round table nicely, so when my friend and her fiance take the rectangle one back, that's first on our list to buy (when we graduated college, J and I needed furniture and she needed storage, so it all worked out nicely).

First things first, though, I would like to paint that nook but I can't think of a good color. originally our kitchen color scheme was going to be black, white, and red, but that isn't really a priority... I want the kitchen to look nice but I'm kind of on a budget and I'm decorating challenged.

So my question for you all: what color should we paint that nook and why?

(oh, and please ignore that crap on the table...it's kind of our catch all for junk since we only easy at it when we have company...)


2 comments:

  1. I would totally go with a dark red, or even a light blue. Light blue works awesome with red, so if you still want to keep the original scheme, it would work with any items you get for the kitchen. Plus, easy to prime over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have to paint over it again I wouldn't go too dark. You could go with a slightly darker neutral shade, like a taupe-y color. Maybe boring but it would make the cove stand out more and keep it easy to decorate and not impossible to paint over. =-)

    ReplyDelete