Jan 12, 2012

2011 Resolution recap

On first glance, my 2011 resolutions look like a total bust. I managed to keep up with Project 365 for about a month before I realized my life is sooo freaking boring I didn't think anyone would be interested in what I did each day, you know?

Resolution 1: Pay off 3 more credit cards this year. We paid off 2, so that's close!

Resolution 2: Lose at least 26 pounds and get below 200. Confession time: I have been to the gym, like, 3 times since July. I'm still paying attention to what I'm eating, though. I also haven't weighed myself at the gym (what I consider my official weight) since, like, October. My weight then was 205. At my mom's a few weeks ago I was at 203. So it's probably safe to assume I got pretty darn near my goal and I am so pleased with myself for this. I dropped almost 2 jeans sizes (from a 16 to a 14 as of July/August and even those are getting a little loose...)

Resolution 3: Read 5 books on youth ministry/faith. I read Weird and The Christian Atheist, both by Craig Groeschel. I also read Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss with a group of ladies I worked at the bookstore with in a Bible Study we had going for a while (and that I hope we'll resume real soon). 60% of that resolution... that's at least passing, right? ;-) The Groeschel books were FANTASTIC and I highly recommend them, especially Christian Atheist. Gave a lot of food for thought. The book's subtitle is "Believing in God, but Living as if He doesn't Exist." Powerful, right?

Resolution 4: Project 365. Haha. Yeah, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment