Jan 16, 2012

Menu Monday

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to EatBefore I start with this paycheck's menu choices, I wanted to recommend a website called Plan to Eat. It's the best thing this Type-A person could have found! The only thing that would make it better is an Android app, =) It's easy to store recipes, and then plan your meal -- just drag and drop!  While they offer a free 30-day trial, it's not a free service. It's $5/month but seriously it's the best $5 I spend every month. Give it a shot. ;-)


Onward, shall we?  I've been pinning recipes like crazy for a while and try a new one each paycheck cycle. A few have been busts, but some have worked out well! I'll be marking my new recipe for the paycheck with an asterisk. We have a lot of other things going on, so on the nights we won't cook, I just won't put anything. There's usually plenty for leftovers, anyway.

Wednesday Jan. 18: Sloppy Joes & Baked potato wedges
J and I are big fans of sloppy joes. With the potato wedges, I usually cover the wedges in a mixture of olive oil and some seasonings -- salt and pepper typically but sometimes I'll jazz it up and add some oregano.

Friday, Jan. 20: Santa Fe Enchilada Bake
This one is delicious and so easy! I use fat free sour cream (shhhhh don't tell J!) and reduced fat shredded cheese, so all in all it's "delicious and nutritious!"

Sunday, Jan. 21: Pizza

I use this recipe for the crust and use store bought sauce and low fat cheese. Pretty much the only topping we agree on is pepperoni. I like pepperoni and bacon or pepperoni and green pepper, he likes supreme.

Tuesday, Jan. 23: Italian chicken & Roasted Red Potatoes*
One bottle of Italian dressing + 3 chicken breasts + 350 for 45 minutes = easy and delicious. I'm trying a new red potato recipe.

Wednesday, Jan. 24 Creamy Cajun Chicken*

Possibly my most anticipated recipe -- which means I might make it closer to, well, now. Instead of using cream, though, I'm using half and half.  I'll let you know how this one turns out!

Happy cooking! Don't forget to check out Plan to Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment