Jul 31, 2009

Gutsy

Tonight at work a young woman and her mom came in to shop. She mentioned her mom mailing some thing to her, so I naturally assumed that she was leaving for college.

I was dead wrong.

She's 15. And she's headed to Kenya.

For five months!!

She told me a little bit about what she would be doing. She'll be going to high school there as well as working different missions jobs with Compassion, World Vision, and UNICEF. She is goign to add me to her e-mail list of updates, so I'll keep you all posted if I feel like passing it on. Please pray for this young woman, though. Shes going so far from her family for so long and she can't even drive! That takes a lot of passion and a lot of guts.

It impresses me that in this day and age when so many teens are so self-involved and full of a sense of entitlement that she can be so selfless, traveling halfway around the world to help children less fortunate than her. What a blessing from God.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's impressive...so brave! Will definitely keep her and her family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete