Jul 18, 2009

It's my friend's birthday

Happy 23rd Katie!

I really want to apologize for the lack of updates recently. My life has been BUSY. While it's nice for the money to be coming in, I've constantly been going from job to job to job. It's hectic. I can't wait to have a full time job, which will hopefully be M-F, and 9-5(ish). It will be so nice to have my and J's schedules more in sync.

My dad gave us his old BBQ grill and I can't wait to use it. I have most of next week's evenings off so we may fire it up for some chicken or something. Anyone know of a good grilled chicken recipe?? All we need now is a nice (or, well... any) set of patio furniture.

J and I and some friends went to see the midnight showing of Harry Potter on Tuesday (Wed...?) I loved it. I'm actually surprised at how many people I know who didn't really like it... And I'm interested to hear the differing opinions about the 5th and the 6th movies. I was disappointed w/ the 5th movie (although upon rewatching it on Tuesday afternoon, it wasn't AS bad as I remembered) but loved the 6th... I wonder if people who loved the 5th were disappointed w/ the 6th??

Hey, will you all please keep a young woman I know in your prayers? I've been blessed to get to know so many wonderful teenagers in my different capacities as youth leader and camp counselor, and they are all amazing girls. One of those girls is facing a personal detour in life that is going to change everything, and I just hope that those in her life can be pillars of support for her now.

1 comment:

  1. We LOVE grilling shish kabobs. Just cut up chicken, red, green, and orange or yellow peppers, and onion, skewer, and put on the grill! It's better if you season with some salt and pepper. Grilled zucchini is also delicious. Yum!

    ReplyDelete