Aug 11, 2009

Sidewalk Prophets

OK, I know that my last post was about a song, but I have to post about this one, too. I promise I'll put in a real post tomorrow or Thursday.

This song is by the Sidewalk Prophets and it's called "The Words I Would Say." I can't currently find a video or MP3 to embed here, so you'll have to listen to it on their website.

The lyrics of the chorus have been resonating in my mind for the last few days:

"Be strong in the Lord and never give up hope
You're gonna do great things, I already know
God's got His hand on you, so don't live life in fear
Forgive and forget, but don't forget why you're here..."

The first two lines in particular have been my mantra, especially since I found out that the Pattonville job is on hold (they aren't hiring anybody for it). I know that God has big things planned for me. I just need to trust in Him and know that He'll lead me to the right job. Until then, I'll be subbing any day that I'm not working at the bookstore which is pretty good money, as well as babysitting.

Enjoy the song!

2 comments:

  1. Good song!

    Check the music video out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9cYcMbmbzk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great song!

    Their music video is just as moving. I'd thought I'd pass along the You Tube version of it!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9cYcMbmbzk

    ReplyDelete