Nov 16, 2010

Wanna Read a Good Book?

Did you like The Time Traveler's Wife?  What about Twilight?  I just finished a totally awesome book that I want to recommend.

My Name is Memory was written by Ann Brashares of Traveling Pants fame.  It's a love story between Daniel and Sophia/Constance/Lucy through the span of time.  Daniel has "The Memory" -- which means he can remember all of his past lives, including the life in which he first saw her and the life in which he first fell in love with her.  Each life he spends remembering her, hoping to find her, hoping the for once they will end up in the same place at the same time at the same age.  (See the similarities to the aforementioned books?)

The ending just kind of was there, but apparently it's a part of a trilogy so I won't hold that against Brashares.  I spent a lot of the last week sick with a pretty bad cold (or SOMEthing) so I had a lot of time to read, thankfully.  I didn't want to put this book down.  In fact, I had to MAKE myself put it down today to get some work done while my kids slept!  It just came out in June so I don't see the next installment coming out for a while, unfortunately.  But I cannot WAIT for the second book.

No comments:

Post a Comment