Mar 20, 2008

Apparently, I was tagged... Twice.

I never know when people comment on my stuff. I just always thought people read it but then didn't leave any comments. ha ha. Imagine my surprise when I saw that I was tagged (TWICE, no less) about a week and a half ago. I wasn't ignoring it, folks. Just didn't notice. So here are the rules when you get tagged: Link to the person who tagged you. Post the rules on your blog. Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog. Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. Leave a comment on their blogs so that they know they have been tagged! I was tagged by both
Amanda and Abi. (Holla to the STLWed Girls!!) SO I guess that means I have double duty... Can I eve think of 14 things? We'll see...

1. I am amazingly calm about this whole wedding thing. Like, I know I should be freaking out about how the heck we're going to pay for everything, but we keep finding connections and keep getting offered free services by friends, and I know that God is so good and He will provide for all our expenses.

2. I have been going too the same campf or 16 years. Most people who have known me for a long time know this about me. but did you know that I'm terrified to stop? It's like an addiction -- a good addication, mind you, but an addication nonetheless. It has helped mold me into who I've become and I've met some of my best friends there that leaving that whole chapter of my life behind scares the Hell out of me.

3. I desperately want to go to seminary for a Master's in theology. I want to be youth cooordinator at my church and plan all the events and stuff. It's funny to hear me say this when 6 years ago when I was a youth I didn't even trust int he Lord. It's amazing the wonders He can work in your life, isn't it?

4. I secretly dream to be in a Christian rock band ont he bass guitar and vocals. Shh. Don't tell anyone.

5. On top of my dreams to be a teacher, youth pastor, and Christian recording artist, I want to be a mom. I know I can't handle it now financially, but I want a baby. Seriously. Anytime you need a sitter, let me know.

6. Even though I want to be a mom, I'm terrified I'll be a terrible one. I'm good with the infants and the toddlers, but what happens when they get older? I ahve a hard time entertaining them at that age. And I don't want to be a mom who just shoves her kids in front of the TV all the time, but sometimes when I babysit I'm glad for some peace and quiet while the kids' minds melt. (I'm a terrible person!)

7. I love Guitar Hero. I don't think this helps my rock star dreams one bit. I really wish they would release a CHristian Rock pack. That would be sweet!

8. I'm mostly secure with my body. I know I could lose a few pounds (and I would love to get rid of the mountains that are my breasts) but it's not too bad. I love my hair (when it's straight), I don't have an acne problem, and I'm comfortable with that overlap of my two front teeth.

9. Up until David's death this week, I have never experienced the death of a friend. The few people I've known who died were old and sick and it was almost a relief that they died. But with David, who was so young and such a good guy, it's hard for me ot deal with because it's such a new experience. (I mean, my dog died in September and that was hard, but I didn't feel as awful as I do about david because BG was old and sick...)

10. I have a tendency to get stuck on movies or sonogs or TV shows or books. I mean obsessive stuck. I'll listen to a new CD over and over and over. With a TV show that I really love, like Gilmore Girls, I will buy eveyr season ono DVD and have it all memorized. YOu could ask me a question about when something happened and I will be like, "It's in episode so and so when such and such was going on." It's terrible. (For example, I'm currently obsessed with Sara Bareilles' "Love Song") See the video here (unfortunately the actual video can't be embedded, so here she is on Craig Ferguson:

11. I am a picky eater. not terribly picky, but I don't like my foods to touch. I haven't touch fish (other than tuna salad) since I was ten and cut into a piece of fish and it was BLUE inside, I hate broccoli becacuse it stinks, and I woon't eat things like peas or beans because the texture grosses me out.

12. I really really really want to have a Habitat honeymoon and go down to Louisiana and build some houses after I get married. How cool woudl that be??

13. I love how close my roommate and I are with our suitemates. I'm 3 years oolder than all of them, too, which is another reason why our bond surprises me. I'm liek the big sister. They've really beent here for me, too, the last few days, when I've needed someone to talk to when I start crying out of no where.

14. I'm very surprised that STLWed girls actually read my blog. SOmetimes I feel like I"m not part of that whole group other than posting, which is mostly my fault 'cause I never make it to the gt togethers. But the few comments I have on here are from the girls. (I guess Google Reader really helps, too!)

I have no idea who I'm going to tag. I would hate to tag someone who has already been tagged, but here we go: Heather, Carrie, Rhonda, Sarah, Christie, Melissa, and Brigid.

2 comments:

  1. HEY, don't feel bad. I was tagged THREE times in a row, so I had to come up with 21 things! ha

    Then I gave up on tagging others, I think all us STLWed girls have been tagged at least once by now! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. RE #6:
    Every mother has this fear.

    When you and Matt were young I got comments about how good a mother I was. I would think, "What? Are you kidding? I haven't a clue what I'm doing."

    Look at how you guys turned out. . . I may have got some things wrong. But I did a lot of things pretty good, too.

    BTW, do you remember "Alternative Activity Day?" I think it was Tuesdays and Thursdays. No TV. I was such a dork for calling it that, wasn't I?

    ReplyDelete