Mar 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Christ the Lord is risen today, Aaaaaaaa-le-lu-ia.

That's one of the songs we sing in church every Easter Sunday. If you sing it at your shuch you know that the song is crazy high. That fact is probably the only thing I don't like about Easter: All our songs are freakin' high!! I'm actually not singing set during worship this morning 'cause i have a powerhouse solo after the sermon and I want to deliver. :-)

I remember when I was a kid, waking up and going to look for Easter eggs in the backyard. The "Easter Bunny" had hidden them in the night, and there wass almost always, without a doubt, one on top of our old, rusty shed that I could always see from my parents' bedroom window. But, of course, I was too small and my giant of a father would have to either lift me up to get it or get it for me. I also remember going to an Easter Parade downtown -- barely, though; I think most of that memory comes from a picture we have of me waving to the Easter Bunny.

But my favoroite memory was my first real Easter. The first where I truly believed that my Lord and Savior had indeed died and then risen on the third day. Only those of you who have gone through that really know what I'm talking about. It's like my first real Christmas. The whole day just takes on a new light because of faith in Jesus. So today, as you're celebrating, remember the real reason. It's not the eggs and the candy and the cute little animals associated with it like this (even though they are soooo cute!!):


It's the amazing love and grace that God has for every single one of us. He loves us so much that He came to earth as a human being and took on every single one of our sins.

Hallelujah, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment