Mar 19, 2009

The Amazing Day Part Two

OK, so... pictures and ceremony, right? That's what I've promised you?

Well, we went to Main Street for photos and mostly did them at the gazebo. There was an ice cream shop around the corner and a few guys disappeared for a while and came back with ice cream cones and water for us all.



After Main Street, we met my brother and future sister-in-law (they're marrying in August) at the Rec Plex park for some family shots with the flower girl and ring bearer. Those turned out so precious it's not even funny. My niece was a princess and my nephew was lookin' so sharp in his tux. It took a minute for them to get into the whole picture thing, but the did eventually and as a result my photographer got a lot of adorable photos:




Then it was back to the church for the posed family shots and then the ceremony. We got pretty much all of the family shots finished before the wedding started, which was nice, because then our guests weren't kept waiting too long at the reception hall for us to arrive.

My bridesmaids and I hid in the back where our Sunday School classrooms are and my maid of honor steamed the wrinkles out of my dress from where my bustle had been in all afternoon. This is when I started to get a little jittery -- but more for excitement than for nervousness. I kept peeking through the doors to see if anyone had started going yet and my maid of honor kept saying, "go away!" ha ha. I'm sure everyone was beautiful as they walked down the aisle; I'll have to watch the video our friend took for us to know for sure. I was able to see the flower girl and ring bearer go down, though, which was cute because my niece would take a small amount of flowers and watch them fall to the floor, then step OVER them to proceed down the aisle. Too cute!

When it was my turn, my stomach did one last somersault and then away we went. It was wonderful walking down the aisle and seeing him waiting at the end of the aisle for me. I got down there and I could see that he was emotional -- there's even a picture of him on our disc with a tear on his cheek. So sweet!

Our pastors gave an awesome ceremony; they personalized it for us, included details about the two of us and our relationship and I really love that they did that. Our unity ceremony was a sand ceremony which was amazing. Our friend Ryan sang for us (and those of you who are wondering... it was "This Day" by Jadon Lavik) and it was so special! I loved our ceremony. It was amazing and personal and everything I had always envisioned in my head.

Next post: reception. THAT WAS TOO FUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment