Mar 23, 2009

Reception

First, I want to apologize real quick for my page's appearance the last few days. I cancelled my web hosting service where my layout images were hosted, so you got the pretty error message for the last day or two. oops! I've fixed it, though (obviously).

We had the hall booked till 10 and from abotu 7:30 till then, the dance floor was hoppin'! I had a lot of old friends and a lot of really good camp friends there and it was so much fun to let loose on the dance floor. I can't dance for anything, but I was the bride, so it was okay that I SUCKED. Ha ha.

J's little cousin Summer who's about 6 said at one point that she didn't know how to dance, and I told her to just let loose and do it, LOL. She was all over me all night (little girls like brides, I was reminded). I only feel bad that the other kids her age (J's other cousins on his dad's side) left so early; and my brother took my niece and nephew home right after the ceremony for a nap and didn't bring them back. :-(

Anyway, our special dances were incredibly sweet and I loved dancing with my dad. My stepdad and I had chosen a special song of our own, not to be announced as a special dance, but just something for us to partake in. Well, the DJ ended up announcing it and I'm actually really glad that he did because it was nice having that special moment with him; he's been jsut as instrumental in my upbringing as my dad has been, and it was nice to share that moment.

At some point in the evening, our bridal party wen out and went a little crazy with the glass chalk on my car. I had the requisite "Just Married" and some "Congrats" on each side of the car. They also painted on my hood and trunk, though, which I found really funny at first, but now that the time has come for it to come off, I'm incredibly annoyed at it, LOL. It's really hard to get off.

My mom sprung for a hotel room for us that night and it was lovely. It was nice ot go somewhere by ourselves that night and reflect on the day.

Overall, that whole day is a day that I will never ever forget. (Which is how it should be, right?) Everything went smoothly and there were few glitches (and even the few that we had, I was able to get over real quick), but it was amazing.

Oh, and if you'd like to see pictures, I have them up on Flicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment