Jun 30, 2009

Tears and Stress

That's what the last few weeks have been full of. It's like J and I finally ssee a light at the end of the tunnel, where we'll be able actually make all of our bills and everything and -- gasp -- still have money leftover for US, something happens.

On June 17 (a Wed.), I got home from church just fine. Then J and I realized we needed to make a Wal Mart run and got back in the car about an hour later. And it didn't start. Had it towed Thurs. morning, had a new starter put in, took it home. Got back in the car and it wouldn't start again. Luckily my stepdad got it started and i drove it to the shop where they put in aNOTHER new starter the next day. It's been fine. Till today. When it didn't start. AGAIN.

So the shop is paying for a tow, and they better be paying for the repair, as well, because it's obviously more than a starter, which means it's something they should have caught. I love our mechanic -- I never feel like I"m getting ripped off, and he knows me by name. However, this is TICKING me off.

Needless to say I've been crying lots of tears of frustration, especially sicne I still haven't found a teaching job. Not for lack of trying, of course. THankfully, I've been busy with babysitting and working at the bookstore, so while money is tight, it's not penny pinching tight anymore. My student loans set in this month, though, which I'm not looking forward to paying... Grr.

Anyway, on to better things. Because money stresses everyone out, right?

I've spent what little free time I have had recently reading. As a result, I've gone through about 20 books this summer already. If I get the time, I'll list 'em all, but I want to mention one book right now: The Chosen One. It's a YA novel, and as a result I read it in about a day, but it was soooo good. Kyra is 13 and lives in a polygamist compound in the middle of the desert. She is told by the Prophet that she will marry her uncle in one month, and Kyra flips. The whole book is told from her POV and you really ache for her.

I've managed to make it to camp a few times this summer. Once for campfire, and one time (each) for picking up t-shirt designs/money. I was down just this past weekend for First Aid Training with my girls. I can't believe they'll be FORMER CITs in just three days!! It feels like I was jsut meeting them last summer! They've had a good time, though, despite having brand new staff to adjsut to -- I (obviously) didn't return because I got married, and Bunny, their counselor last summer who was supposed to be their CIT Director had to take a class this summer in order to finish her degree. I missed hanging outwith them, though. That was, like, the best thing about my job: developing friendships with my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment