Jan 22, 2010

Holding My Head Up

Sorry about that last post. I have been having anxiety attacks and crying a lot the last couple of days, just because I'm freaking out about money. I'm beyond frustrated, but J and I are trying to make the best of it.

1. Our lease is up next month, so we're moving. We have a few options to choose from, one depends greatly on negotiating rent. Another involves buying a single-wide trailer from my brother... Meh. So many decisions.

2. We're changing car insurance companies. We're paying $60/mo. with Geico. I got a quote from progressive for the exact same coverage for $26. This is a no brainer.

3. We're probably completely getting rid of our cable. We'll keep our internet and watch shows online. The only show this is going to be a problem with me is American Idol because I don't think it's available online...

4. I'm expecting about $1200 back on our tax return and we're trying to decide which is more responsible: paying off $1200 in debt, using it as a down payment on a $2000/$3000 car, or a mixture of both. Any advice?

5. I'm asking for deferment on my student loan. In all reality, my loan payments are only $50/month, but I'm not working in my field, and I work less than full time, so I qualify for deferment, and that $50/mo will go very far.

I know there's a job out there for me. In the meantime, I'm subbing and sitting as much as possible and applying for all the jobs I can find.

2 comments:

  1. In regards to the tax money, do what I do - pray. A lot. Earnestly. Ask God what He wants you to do with that money. The answer might surprise you a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're having a hard time and I know how stressful it can be. I hope things start looking up for you soon! =-)

    ReplyDelete