Mar 17, 2012

Wow... Has it Really been 3 Years??

I typed this up on Monday or Tuesday with the intention of adding photos and posting it on Wednesday. Then time ran away, so I didn't get to it. Hence the 3 day late post, AND the double post...

3 years ago today was one of the best days of my life.

I got prettied up. 
 I took a bunch of photos
And most importantly,


I said "I do."

Taken at my best
friend's wedding
October 2011
Jerome and I have learned a lot over the last three years, and we're still learning. We're learning about each other and about marriage, and about who we want to be for the other.

It's been an amazing three years, but they've gone by so quickly. I know that when we're celebrating our fourth or tenth or thirtieth anniversary, I'll be saying the same thing.

When I said "I do," I didn't mean for that day. I didn't mean for the next few years. I didn't mean "unless we grow unhappy with each other." I said "I do" for my entire life.

I said "I do" to my husband and to God, and I made a promise, pledge, commitment, to both of them that I would be faithful, and loving, and respectful, and caring. But above all, that I would be THERE. My husband is my best friend, and I can't wait to see what the next three years bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment