Mar 12, 2012

Wow! It really works!

I have a board on Pinterest that's called "Good to Know." On it, I have things like easy ways to clean or things that make me go, "Whoa! Why didn't I think of that??!" One thing I've been wanting to try and see if it works is this one.

It's a method of cleaning those grease pans underneath your burners. Let's face it -- they aren't scrubbable. I don't care how long you let it soak in hot water with "grease cutting" detergent -- the nasty residue just WON'T COME OFF. It was annoying me, to the point where I contemplated just buying new ones and pitching the old ones. Then I saw that pin and thought, "$1 for ammonia versus $10 for new burner pans... May as well try it!" So I assembled my equipment:

I poured a capful or so of ammonia in a Zip Loc and then put the burner pan in there. Then I closed the bag and let the ammonia fumes do their work.


 I left it for 2 days and when I was done, I had a bag of nasty dirty ammonia and a nice, clean stove drip pan.

The ammonia fumes are what cleans the pans, not the ammonia itself, so once I closed up the bag, I tried to set it so that the ammonia was in a pool underneath the overturned pan. I love it when things like this work, because I hear that other things circling on Pinterest don't work. 

This is project #1 of my 3 Pinterest things I must complete for my 101 in 1001.


No comments:

Post a Comment