Feb 2, 2009

And Now I'm 23...

My birthday was yesterday, in case nobody knew that. It was a pretty good day, despite it being on Super Bowl Sunday. (By the way, this is the second time my birthday has been the day of the Big Game... the NFL needs to get off my date!) Church in the morning, then Jerometook me to Olive Garden for lunch. We spent some time at home and then I went to my dad's girlfriend's house to watch the Super Bowl. I was planning on only watching the commercials (many of which were AMAZING), but the game obviously got my attention. I was also enjoying asking my dad what all the penalties meant 'cause he would pretend to get real mad. hee hee. He was rooting for the Cardnials and while he was disappointed in the results, he was not disappointed that the game was such a good game.

As for the commercials, here are four of my favorites:


For Monster.Com


For Bridgestone.Com


Also for Bridgestone.Com


For Doritos.

Which ones did you like? Let me know in my comments!

I have a job fair this week. I'll be interviewing with 7 local districts. I'm really excited. I've also contacted a bunch of local private/Christian schools to see how their application process works (if they just want my resume, etc. Many of them have said that they aren't sure they're hiring next year but that they would keep my resume on file in case anything opens up. I want a teaching job so badly, even though I'm nervous as heck to get my own class. (Not because I think I'll do badly, just because I've never had my OWN classroom, you know?)

I might be going to Ecuador with our high school youth this summer and I am soooooooo excited! It all depends on how generous people are at our wedding because that will depend on how much debt we pay off, which will influence how much money we can save each week. J is sweet, though. I was telling our youth coordinator that if both of us can't go, neither of us will go 'cause I would feel bad. J basically said that I'm going, even if he has to pack my bags for me, shove me out the door, and change the locks so I don't come back in. Ain't he sweet?

2 comments:

  1. Is this a teacher job fair? An open one too? I NEED to find my hubby a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a teacher job fair, but it's a closed one; only to Lindenwood alumni. There IS an open one next week at MOBap... you could look into that one. It's on the tenth.

    ReplyDelete