Feb 22, 2009

Is it really almost the end of February?

The last few weeks have been nothing but blurs of work, church, and more work. In the last 2 weeks I've had 2 days to catch up on stuff I needed to do at home; as a result, my house was a mess. Luckily, I have an amazing fiance who cleaned today after church. now my kitchen is sparkly and my carpets are vacuumed. Now all I need to do is get my butt moving to take care of some laundry that needs to be put away and some reference letters I need to write.

J's mom bought us a headboard from K-Mart. I looked for a pic I could put int he post, but I couldn't find one, so I gues you'll just have to settle for a link to the info page at kmart.com. I love it 'cause it has storage, so I can put, like, picture frames or little knick knacks in there. I will take a picture once our bedroom is put together sso you can see!

I saw the Wizard of Oz at Lindenwood's new performing arts center and I loved it. I'm hoping to see it again on Saturday with my mom and my aunt (there are 2 different casts, so I would be seeing a different group of core actors). LU's new theatre is gorgeous, though, and it has a fly-pulley system, so the flying monkeys (one played by one of my bridesmaids) got to actually FLY. Way fun!

Yesterday evening was church's annual chili supper. We have a silent auction at the same time (I auctioned off a night of baby sitting) and all of the money goes to our Missions fund which helps with things like our high schoolers' trip to Ecuador and the trips to Lousiana, etc. We made $2300 which is pretty SWEET. Way to go! The chili was pretty good, too. I made some for the first time and it turned out way yum! (And it smelled good, too; I brought it into work 'cause I worked till 4 and the supper was at 5 and everyone kept saying, "You brought me chili?! Aw, thanks!")

Last night, I had a GNO with some girls from my wedding board. I haven't been to many because they're always somewhere "out" where I have to spend money (which we all know I don't have much of) and they're on Saturday nights which means I can't stay too late because of church the next morning. Last night was a pajama party theme and we just hung out and brought food... One girl brought cupcakes made w/ diet soda instead of the milk/eggs/oil the box calls for and they were soooo good! Another girl wore footsie pajamas -- yes, a woman in her 20s has footsie p.j.s (technically, they were her brother's but she owns some of her own). Oh my goodness these girls are so much fun!!! Anyway, I didn't end up leaving till 12:30. Thanks to Jenn for straightening my hair for me last night! It cut out a whole step in my morning routine!!

Tonight we'll be spending some time with my dad, grandma, and my dad's girlfriend watching the Oscars. I'm bringing brownies I have left over from last night and some little smokies baked w/ brown sugar. Yum! (I think that's the third time I said that!) Have a great night!!!

1 comment:

  1. Laugh, I won two pairs of footie pjs and will probably buy a third pair this year (simply because one is on it's way out).

    Don't underestimate keeping your feet warm!!

    ReplyDelete