Feb 27, 2009

Wedding Checks

Just thought I would share some stuff I got done over the last few days for the wedding.

1. I bought our "pretty cutting cake" from Ozenkoski's Bakery. It's an 8-inch marble cake w/ ivory buttercream icing and pearls on it.

2. I bought my shoes from a consignment shop for $10. Pretty sweet deal, right?

3. I found some salt and pepper shakers for our cake topper. Those who have seen Fireproof will "get" this... if you haven't seen it, you should.

4. Our guestbook arrived in the mail today. Aside from being a little smaller than I had pictured and the color being a little off on the cover, I LOVE IT!! I was so excited about getting it that I let it show when I opened the door for the FedEx guy; he liked that reaction, LOL. Here are some pictures:






We're two weeks out as of tomorrow and it seems like it's such a long time away... I only have a few things left: a cake stand and cake cutter, toasting flutes, send a playlist to the DJ...

4 comments:

  1. I love the guestbook! You're getting so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fireproof is a great movie for every married couple! Great idea to use the salt & pepper shakers for your cake topper.

    it's almost here. enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your wedding!
    My fiancee and I watched the movie, FireProof, and I absolutely love the idea of the salt and pepper shakers. Were you able to find them with a veil and top hat? If so, where? I've been looking everywhere!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. No. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find anything. :-( I was waaaay sad about it 'cause I thought it would have been way cool. But our cake still looked nice w/o a topper. I thought about making my own top hat and veil, but I'm not incredibly creative, so that idea got about 2 seconds of thought, LOL.

    ReplyDelete