Apr 23, 2009

100th Post = 100 Things About Me

So, if you think I'm boring, you can just skip over this post. It's my 100th and apparently in the blog wqorld, you're 100th post needs to be something crazy like 100 things about me or soemthing. SO that's what I'm doing!! Are you ready? here we go...

1. I have a cat named Paulie who likes to wake me up way earlier than I'm ready.
2. He doesn't like to cuddle and that makes me and the husband real sad.
3. We got him from a relative of a friend I met online.
4. I met that friend on my wedding board where I've met a whole lot of amazing people.
5. Their input was invaluable; without some of their help, I don't know that some of my wedding would have been as awesome as it was.
6. My wedding day was pretty incredible and even though it was a month ago I still remember it vividly.
7. I love my wedding pictures. You can too!
8. I'm planning on making my own wedding albums, which is why finding a photographer who gave us copyright release was so important.
9. Even though I own the copyright on our pictures, every single one of our picture frames at home is empty. :-(
10. My blog's title comes from a Switchfoot song "The Economy of Mercy."
11. I love the poetic image of broken masterpieces.
12. I was a big fan of Switchfoot back in high school. I associate their Beautiful Letdown CD with swim team.
13. I swam in high school and loved it, just not the coach.
14. I got kicked off of the swim team my junior year because I was a "slacker."
15. I put slacker in quotes because one of the freshman girls accused me of shorting laps during practice and because I had to go to a few doctors' appointments for when I cut my head open at work.
16. At the time I worked at the YMCA and I took a slice out of my forehead when I leaned over to pick up a swim belt off the floor.
17. It hurt. Bad.
18. But I didn't need stitches, so that's good.
19. Teaching at the Y was a really fun job. I met a few really good friends there.
20. I've contemplated going back because I enjoyed it so much, but I don't want to go back to the whole smelling like chlorine every minute of every day. That was nasty.
21. I also loved working at camp. I made some amazing friends there.
22. My first summer working at camp, I was dating my high school boyfriend still and we argued every time wee spoke on the phone because he didn't like that I was gone.
23. I was with Jerome for 4 of those 6 summers and while he missed me, he understood that it was something I enjoyed doing.
24. And it de-stressed me, so he was all for it.
25. I'm not going to camp anymore because I'm married an a "big girl" now.
26. But J bets that I'll return next summer when the World Cup is on and he's watching soccer 24/7.
27. It's a possibility in my mind, LOL.
28. Speaking of J, he's a wonderful husband.
29. He's incredibly strong in his faith which I admire greatly.
30. He reads his Bible all the time. (Which is something I SHOULD do...)
31. He supported me financially while I was student teaching so that I could focus on my kids. I hope to be able to repay that sometime down the road when he's ready to return to school.
32. He wants to be a high school history teacher.
33. I think he'd be really good at it.
34. My dad was studying to be a high school history teaching before he dropped out of college.
35. My mom has her BA in English secondary education.
36. Talk about teachers running in the family, LOL.
37. For most of my life that's what I've wanted to do.
38. Except in 7th and 8th grade when I wanted to be a pediatric oncologist.
39. Then I realized I'm not too big of a fan of science.
40. I like kids better. ;-)
41. I have some bad habits that I wish I didn't do.
42. The only one of which I'm willing to admit publicly is picking at my cuticles.
43. It's bad... I tend to pick them till they bleed.
44. Unless I've had a manicure, then they're nice and pretty so I don't have to pick at them.
45. J bites his nails. Blech.
46. My mom paid for me to get my nails done for the wedding.
47. I'm glad she talked me into it because they showed up in some of the pictures...
48. My best friend from high school was my maid of honor and she got a French tip with bright pink polish.
49. We were roommates for 2 1/2 years in college.
50. They say rooming with your BFF is a bad idea, but our lines of communication were always open and it worked out wonderfully.
51. This is the same best friend who is momma to M, my favorite almost-three-year-old.
52. I'm Aunt Jessie to her. :-D
53. I also have a niece and 3 nephews.
54. One of those nephews was born 2 days before my wedding.
55. Another was born on my mom and stepdad's first wedding anniversary.
56. My brother who is dad to the other nephew and my niece is getting married in August.
57. Another brother is being released from the Marines in a month. (His contract or whatever is up.)
58. His wife is very happy.
59. My younger brother is a sophomore studying music education at SIUE.
60. In case you were wondering, that's 4 brothers.
61. And no sisters.
62. My mom also grew up w/ 4 brothers (and a sister)... plus some step brothers and sisters.
63. J and I both have big families, that's why our wedding was so big.
64. I love family gatherings w/ aunts and uncles because we don't see each other very often.
65. My dad's brother lives in Hawaii and I haven't seen him since I was 6.
66. My grandma flew out there for Christmas and had a great time.
67. J and I want to take a trip to Hawaii before we have kids.
68. I'm not gonna lie, I have the baby itch now that I'm married.
69. But we want time to ourselves and time to pay our debt down.
70. Plus, bringing a baby into our world right now would be irresponsible considering I don't have a job.
71. (Not for lack of trying, though... hopefully soon.)
72. One of the Sales Floor Leaders at work talked to me about being promoted to SFL, but I don't think I'll be there long enough for that.
73. Which kind of disappoints me, 'cause I'd kick @$$.
74. I guess I'll just be content to work as a sales partner.
75. I do get 20% off, afterall.
76. And with my husband's desire to own every single Christian CD in the world, that's probably a good thing.
77. Seriously, when you come to my house, I will gladly show you the Wall of Insanity.
78. With all the CDs in that room, we could probably pay off 2 credit cards.
79. And wouldn't that be nice??
80. I don't carry my credit cards with me.
81. Because I'll spend on them.
82. But then when I need one of them, I can't find where they've been hidden.
83. Which means my system works, but is awful frustrating.
84. I have to think of 15 more things.
85. Most of the past things have shown you my thought process this morning.
86. You probably wouldn't want to set up camp in my head.
87. The way I jump from topic to topic makes J laugh. A lot.
88. And sometimes it confuses him.
89. Hell, it confuses ME sometimes!
90. I'm enjoying doing my Wednesday posts, sharing worship songs because if gives me time to reflect on myself and the song.
91. I hope you enjoy it, too.
92. I take requests...
93. J and I split housework pretty evenly: he does dishes 'cause I hate doing that and I do laundry 'cause he hates doing it.
94. We take turns vaccuuming and doing deeper cleaning when we're off of work.
95. I try and make him take the trash out 'cause I do the litter, like, every day!
96. There's a commercial for KFC's grilled chicken on the TV; it looks good.
97. And, am I the only one who finds it odd that the CEO of KFC is AUSTRALIAN (or maybe New Zealand... I can't tell the difference)???
98. I can't wait till we have a grill so I can make me own grilled chicken.
99. And steaks...
100. But it would probably take a while for me to perfect the art because I'm not too great on a grill.

Did you enjoy? Hope so!! :-) Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I enjoyed reading this! And Heathcliff is a cuddler so you are welcome to come over any time if you need some cat cuddling!!!

    ReplyDelete