Apr 14, 2009

What a weekend

So I warned ya last week that I wouldn't post for a while 'cause I would be swamped. And I am gald I did 'cause I wass go, go, go started Wed. afternoon. Want a run down?

Wed. I worked -- babysitting for a new family -- and then I had rehearsal for Maundy Thursday and Easter. Thursday I subbed, hung out w/ Jen, and had Maundy Thursday service.

Friday is where it gets good and I get set up for my crash: J woke me up all excited 'cause it was pay day and 'cause he got his tax return at freakin' 7AM. Grr... I worked at FCS till 5:30, then went out to Wright City for a sitting job till 12:30, stayed at my mom's but was at the end of a good book so I didn't crash till about 2:30. Had to be at church the next morning at 7, so I was up at 6:30. FFF set up from 7-10, FFF from 10-1 (I wasthe Easter Bunny!), then rehearsal from 2-4:30, and work from 5:30-close (which is usually 9:30 when we get outta there but it took till 10). Went home, showered, fell into bed around 12. Up at 5:30 for Easter; got to church at 7, had rehearsals, then 2 services. Then we went to see J's family, and then we caught up w/ a friend of mine.

Whew! Just typing that makes me tired. now for the highlights:

This year's Family Fun Festival was the warmest we've had in 2 or 3 years. J and I weren't able to go last year because of David's funeral (and last year it was just icky that morning), so it was nice to be able to make it this year. We had quite the turnout! SOOOOOO many people were there enjoying the weather and the free fun. The Easter bunny made an appearance, too! (Any one ever wear a mascot costume?? They're crazy!! I could only see out of a tiny hole. It's so crazy!) I got way burned, too, once I was outta that costume. Ha.

And Easter services? OMG, AMAZING!!! I love Easter every year: the sanctuary is so pretty (and this year Kathy and Kelley outdid themselves) and it's just an excitign morning. Last year I did a powerhouse solo of Nicole Mullen's "Redeemer" which fits in wonderfully w/ the whole theme of Easter, ya know? This year, Phil preached on God seeing is believing (Thomas and all that), and talked about Go dbeing the Great I AM. Kathy and I teamed up and sang Mark Schultz's "I Am" while this video showed:



I just love Easter!! Did you all have a wonderful Easter, too??

1 comment:

  1. Wow you're right...just reading your rundown made me tired. =-) I had a nice and mellow Easter this year.

    ReplyDelete