Apr 17, 2009

Purple People Eater

Remember that song? I remember it was on one fo those KidSongs singalong things my music teacher would show occassionally.

Anyway, I asked Angie gave me my letter for this "Ten Things" thing that's going around that I thought would be fun. Comment and let me know if you would like a letter. (I promise I won't be mean and give you "Q" or "Z"... Unless you're Nici D. LOL) My assigned letter is:



In no particular order, here are my favorite things that begin with "P:"

1. Paulie. Our cat. He's a little stinker and constantly swipes kitty litte rout of his box, but I love this little guy. We got him from a friend of a friend who couldn't keep him anymore and he's such a sweet little guy. I've given my bathrobe tie to the "Let's Play!" cause. He and I (and J) have a lot of fun chasing that thing around. :-)



2. Praise and Worship. I LOVE to sing at church. I LOVE to praise God through song pretty much everywhere. (It's one of my spiritual gifts, in addition to administration.) There's something about music and singing that helps me connect with Him, no matter where I am. And I've been told that I help make worship a truly unique experience every Sunday because of the gift He's given me.


3. Pickles. Especially the ones you get w/ a deli sandwich at, like, McAlister's or STL Bread Co. The cold, kosher dills. Mmm...


4. Pizza. For reals, how can enyone get the letter "p" and NOT write about pizza?? It's very good stuff, especially if it's pepperoni and bacon. Mmmm...


5. Photography. I desperately want a really realy nice camera one of tese days, but it won't happen anytime soon, so I'm stuck with a little Canon PowerShot. But I would love to get into phorotgraphy, esp. once J and I have kids.


(Side note... the letter P is REALLY hard!!)

6. Pandas. I mean, seriously... How cute are they???


7. Pages. OK, a little bit of a stretch, I know, but I wanted to include my love for reading. Seriously, I devour books like they're going out of style. I just finished The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes for an STLWed book club. I'm currently reading Perfect Fifths. next on my reading list are Pretty in Plaid and The Shack.


8. Puzzles. Really, any kind of brain teasers. I love word puzzles and I can't get enough Soduko and Kakuro. I know how to solve a Rubic's Cube. I enjoy working on jigsaw puzzles, and my favorite Wii game is Big Brain Academy. They keep my brain sharp. :-)


9. Pillow Time. I mean, who doesn't like to sleep? I especially like it when J and I are both able to sleep in a little while and lay in bed together chatting.


10. Pools. I love to swim. I miss swim team, actually, even though I wasn't a big fan of my coach. I loved teaching swim lessons and I loved lifeguarding at camp. What I don't miss, though, is smelling like chlorine ALL. THE. TIME. :-) (BTW: I would love to be at this Mexican resort right about now.)


That was friggin' hard, LOL. I think it took me about a week to think of things that start with P. Do you want a letter? Comment on this post and let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I think you did great with P! I didn't realize how hard it would be or I would have given you an easier one ;)
    Anyways my blog has changed and you linked to my dead one. Now I'm at damaskisdivine.blogspot.com
    Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See... that's what happens when crazy people give you crazy letters which causes you to begin a post and not finish it for almost 2 weeks. Ha ha. I didn't realize how hard P would be until I started thinking about it, either! It was a lot of fun, though!!!

    ReplyDelete