Apr 19, 2009

Did You Know?

Yesterday (April 18) was the original day I had picked out for our wedding. I wanted it because our church is AMAZINGly beautiful at Easter time. Plus, I wouldn't have had to pay for flowers for the sanctuary, :-).

Anyway, nothing too big has happened since my last post, so I thought I would babble. Here are some things I'm currently semi-obsessed with:

1. Super Paper Mario.
I never had a game system growing up. Well, my brother did but I never played 'cause he always played shoot 'em up games like James Bond or Smash Bros. which I didn't enjoy. So J and I are really having fun with this Wii. We rented Monopoly (for him... it's pretty cool) and Super Paper Mario. I'm currently on level 2-3 and it's way fun. We'll probably buy it at some point in the future, but for now I get to beat as much as I can in 5 days. :-)



2. Mandisa: FREEDOM
Anyone watcht he 5th season of Idol? It was the first I watched and I think it's the best, not because of who won, but because of all the talent that has come out of it. Mandisa was the woman who, upon being passed through to Hollywood, Simon remarked, "I hope we have a bigger stage." She confronted him when being let into the top 24 and said soemthing along the lines of, "If Jesus can die for me and everything I've done, then I can forgive you." She came in 9th, but Sparrow Records and TobyMac snatched her up. Her first CD was called True Beauty and the title track talked about what true beauty is (not found in a bottle, not what Vogue tells us, etc.) and she wrote a book, IdolEyes about her experience. SHe's an amazing role model.
Anyway, her 2nd CD was released about a month ago and I purchased it using my FCS employee discount and OH. MY. GOODNESS. It's wonderful. First of all, Mandisa lost 75 pounds for this record because she didn't want to sing about freedom and still be chained down by her food addiction. What a wonderful woman! I love track 4 which ocne again sings about beauty and what defines a person, and track 9 which is a gospel track called "Freedom Song." but my favorite is probably track 5: "Not Guitly." It's a ballad so full of power and emotion and I just cry everytime I sing it.



3. Pepper Jack Cheez Its
Mmmmmmmmm.....



4. Jon and Kate Plus 8
I know a lot of people HATE this show, but I can't get enough of it. THe kids are so cute and I think that Jon and Kate are very REAL. She gets a lot of flak for how high strung she is, but I totally identify with her (and J identifies w/ Jon). (BTW, I read her book "Multiple Blessings" and it's wonderful!!)


5. Jen Lancaster
I mentioned in my P post that love to read. I can't wait for Pretty in Plaid to come out and I've been reading Jen's blog every day. She's been posting everyday about the 80's and she is just crackin' me up with the pictures and the comments!! Totally... check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment