Apr 1, 2009

Worship Wednesdays #1

I thought I would try soemthing new. If you're not religious, you may want to skip readin my blog every Wednesday because I would love to start doing this on a weekly basis. Let me know what you think in a comment.

Anyway, I thought I would post a worship video and then have a mini "this is what I think" devotional kind of thing. Feel free to leave comments and suggestions; I would love to hear it!

First up, I've included the song "Grace Like Rain" by Todd Agnew. Check out the video:



(I looked for the official video, but I don't think there is one...)

We sang this one this past Sunday at church during our Hope and Restoration service, but we sing it other times, too. It's simply Amazing Grace, updated by the singer Todd Agnew, but I love the chorus: "Hallelujah! Grace like rain falls down on me. Hallelujah! All my stains are washed away, they're washed away."

Jesus did that FOR US. Like, how amazing is that??? We're forgiven. We're clean. We're made whole. We can actually look God in the face and say, "Here I am Lord. I need forgiveness. I need help. I need Jesus to make me whole." And HE DOES IT!!! Everyone has stuff in their life that needs forgiveness, that they haven't even forgiven THEMSELVES for yet. But guess what? Through Jesus, that forgiveness can be YOURS!!

This past Sunday, we had a drama about a woman who was caught having an affair with a married man. She talked about how she didn't deserve forgiveness, how her sin defined who she was. She was "The Other Woman." She was ashamed and had broken the man's family. Then it switched to the POV of the woman who was going to be stoned and Jesus said, "Sinless among you, throw the first stone." For the first time the woman (and the audience, in essence) looked at it not as a lesson in forgiving people because we're all sinners, too, but as a lesson that our sins don't define us.

Amazing Grace.... that saved a wretch like me. Like you. Like all of us. He did it. Have you accepted it??

2 comments:

  1. I my gosh I love this song!! I love when we sing it in church and when it comes up on my computer. I love this idea and can't wait to hear what you have next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'll keep doing it and hopefully God can use me to touch people!

    ReplyDelete